Saturday 4 June 2016

1 ONE THOUSAND LIES - CIARÁN, AN IRISH NAME!

Dear Readers,

Today I'll talk about this Android visual novel by Keinart Lobre. I like that the progatonist is named Ciarán, an Irish name!

This starts rather uneasily with long paragraphs and the auto text goes a bit fast for me, so I slowed it down a bit in the settings. The prologue features a scenario about three youths and another sequence between a kid and a pianist. I had that awkward moment I usually have when I'm starting a story and was trying to get used to the way it was written.

So finally we get to me as Ciarán and my friends Ziva and Ausse. A dramatic love triangle scene plays out where I declare my love for Ziva and she declares her love for Ausse and he declares his plans for having a big family with the new substitute teacher. The moment I find out the whole thing is a prank with the sound effect of everyone applauding, after my stunt with the scissors and the ketchup, made for a very nice twist! Kind of reminded me of Zootropolis too when Judy did the thing with the ketchup!

Anyway, we all get punished for our prank and later hang out downtown. My character is quite cynical! I guess we're all teenagers trying to be cool and clever. Ziva is quite zany and is obsessed with being my psychotherapist, treating me like a patient and making notes about my "case" and everything. Ausse is a cool best friend kind of guy and fancies himself as a bit of a ladies man. He is a good guy though.

They both make fun of me for not having a smartphone when I ask about checking my email. In real life I don't have a smartphone either(playing this on a tablet) so I guess I can relate to Ciarán here.

The plot thickens with this mysterious email telling me to meet someone somewhere and I discuss it with my friends. There's also this notebook that I write things down in and it predicts the future or something? I'm not sure, I'm still getting used to this story and my protagonist.

Later on, I'm at this lovely looking pond and I'm talking to myself out loud about this mysterious meeting. When I decide I'm going to go through with it, I suddenly hear someone by me I hadn't noticed before, be inspired by what I said. It's a short girl with a big hat named Claire. She thinks I was talking to her and is inspired by my words. She's a bit sassy as well. Uh oh! What a weird development this is taking!

No comments:

Post a Comment