Saturday 11 June 2016

2 ONE THOUSAND LIES - SLED-DESK RACING AND APARTMENT INVASION

Dear Readers,

Today I'll talk about my further adventures as Ciarán Endyein. I went to the place described in the mysterious e-mail after saying bye to the crazy girl in the big hat. It's a playground near some properties that never became occupied so it's always deserted here apart from one blonde girl with yellow eyes sketching.

Before I can make up my mind she's gone. I like the flashing dotted outline of where she used to be! The beeping sounds like a Windows OS alert sound though and they're never pleasant. She had left her pencil and a whole bunch of discarded sketches with outlandish comic book characters.

I'm not going to refer to myself as Ciarán because of what he did next. He followed the girl inside a cardboard box, which was pretty stupid but it was fun to see the hole slit from the first person perspective. He then followed her to her apartment and let himself in when she ran out for something. After leaving the pencil, it was too late, the girl came back. He then pretended to be American while the "The Star-Spangled Banner" tune played out. He then ran away in a panic.

Ok I'm back as Ciarán again! I told Ziva and Ausse the story the next day at school and they couldn't stop laughing. The slice of life continued with Ziva psychoanalising me until I got another mysterious email. Ausse made a bet with me and it was settled with a Sled-Desk race! When I hear about my protagonist describing his compulsive gambling habit, I'm suddenly reminded of that episode of The Flintstones where Fred says "bet bet bet bet bet!" in the manner of a chicken clucking. Had to watch an episode when I thought of that!

The Sled-Desk race isn't animated of course, so it has to be narrated and Ziva takes on the role of commentator. It's quite fun and written well enough that I can fully picture it going on! The tacks under the legs, the oil, the Wacky Races-like shenanigans... lots of Hanna-Barbera memories surfacing!

No comments:

Post a Comment