Thursday 19 January 2017

2 MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM HORACE - BUYING TIME TO KEEP THE LEVEL LOW

Dear Readers,

I decided to have another go to see if I can get a better score... and I did! I'll talk about a strategy I used to get more points.

There's depth in scoring. If you can stick out a stage for as long as possible, you can just continue stomping baddies for points until the timer runs out. If you get an extra time pick up, you get loads more extra time. At that point, you'd try to avoid the basic objective of collecting presents as you try to not let the level advance to a more difficult one.

Of course, when the timer goes down it's best to just advance rather than lose a life... or is it? There are extra lives to get after all, although you're not guaranteed them. That's the decision you're faced with then.

Then what happens is there's a dry spell of baddies but the presents keep flowing and you're just on a level for ages.

I eventually got the rooftop stages and a game over with a final score of 6,120 points, getting the 4th position in the high score table. My highest yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment