Sunday 10 September 2017

38 kirby planet robobot - 6-4 deadly tetrominoes

Dear Readers,

On the map this level has all these abstract dark cubes, making it look like it takes place in some kind of weird virtual world.

Sure enough, it does! I came across a room guarded by a Security Force robot. When I destroyed it a portal opened up that lead to this really weird place with lots of polygons and pixels and neon glowing geometric shapes. The music was another dramatic retro computer theme.

Walking along, some lines started drawing by themselves in the background. I stood still as it took the form of a tetromino and before I knew it, It shot out into the foreground, launching me against the screen! That was a big surprise and a high impact introduction to this level!

They weren't all tetromino blocks, though they were all deadly.

In the next section, there was a bonus door beyond the regular door. Inside, I had to carry a battery while more blocks formed and launched all around me. I couldn't fly while holding the battery so I had to do some nimble platforming! This lead upwards to the first Code Cube.

In the next section, I had to endure more shapes drawing and launching before floors would release me into more of the same below. I had to act quick as the second Code Cube was along here.

Sometimes when the shapes drew, I didn't know what form they were going to take exactly and so I didn't know where the safe gap was until they took full form! This kept me on my toes!

Security Force robots also exist in this world. Had to fight one as a mini-boss here. Afterwards, I was about to go through the door when another one of those blocks formed above. Curious, I flew up there and found the Wheel ability in the background, which I used to drive back beyond the earlier part of the stage to find the rare sticker and another door. Clever secret :)

In the next section, blocks formed rapidly while I had to climb upwards. It was the last section and pretty dangerous. I managed to nab the third Code Cube on the way up along with some more stickers. It was behind a bomb block on the left.

Here are the new stickers I found in this level:

Red Para from Kirby Power Paintbrush - I don't remember this thing at all...
Galacta Knight from Kirby Super Star Ultra - the rare sticker for this level
Dark Matter from Kirby's Dream Land 3

I now have 184 stickers collected.

No comments:

Post a Comment