Sunday 17 September 2017

43 kirby planet robobot - first level of meta knightmare returns mode

Dear Readers,

Now to try Meta Knightmare Returns! I forgot the last time I was able to play this mode in a Kirby game. Was it Super Star Ultra? That was quite a while ago. This mode is always really cool and fun to play as post game content! It can often look kind of strange to see such a cool character like Meta Knight tear through cute Kirby levels, but it also feels cool to do as well!

Kirby's taking a nap so I'm playing as Meta Knight now. Lots of different little changes to the regular levels of the game.

When Meta Knight gets on a Warpstar, he doesn't give a cheery wave like Kirby, he gives a nod and a "hum!" as a courteous salute. I like this :) I remember previously he just used his wings instead of grabbing the star.

The Bandana Waddle Dee gives special bubbles that charge up abilities this time.

When I got to the mecha tree, it looked different and a bit more dangerous. I used the Meta Knightmares move. My whole entourage of knights join up and sweep across the screen as part of this powerful move. It's pretty cool! Expensive too!

In one section, it replaced the music with the powered-up music you get when you use the Robobot Armour as Kirby during a special event. However, Meta Knight is just as powerful as a Robobot's fists, so it just plays this music anyway! This reminds me a bit of Julius Mode in the Castlevania Sorrow games :)

I was also very pleased to see that you do indeed find stickers in this mode! Yay!

I made my way into the train level and gave a Skyward pose as it left the platform. I got to try out the Galaxia Darkness move. It does a powerful horizontal slash through enemies in its path from one side of the screen to the other. Handy move when you have bubbles to spare.

I came across some golden blocks and some weird new blocks that had diagonal lines on them. I tried all my moves but couldn't figure out how to break them. Don't know if I can either... I just moved on.

Came across the first checkpoint then. The Halberd is in the back and a portal is here that leads to the next section. Nicely done here. It's Meta Knight's base to regroup and recuperate.

Then it was on to the giant screw building of the first area. Up, Down, Up, Chest came up on the screen as clues. It just lead to more bubbles but what harm.

Got the candy and powered the way through and beat King Doo 2.0 easily as well with it!

Nice to see I can light up electric wires anytime :)

Slashing my way through some remixed sections until I got to Kibble Blade 2.0 on the roof of the train.

Then it was on to the boss, Clanky Woods 2.0. It's a stronger model and the information screen said it was part of the new "environmentally friendly" initiative of the company. Nice bit of lore there :) the costing half as much part must allude to it being more resilient as well. When I defeated it, Meta Knight made a murmur of approval instead of a Kirby dance :)

So yeah, an entire area of the game constitutes a single level of Meta Knightmare Returns. I was shown a results screen with my time compared to my StreetPassers times. They were both twice as fast as I was. I wonder if there's a reward for beating their times? I'll see! Also, on this screen it played a remake of the ending theme to Revenge Of Meta Knight :)

Here are the new stickers I collected in this level:

King Dedede from Kirby's Adventure Wii
Beanbon from Kirby Mass Attack - weird how it has Kirby's face...
Top Speed from Kirby Air Ride

I now have 197 different stickers collected.

No comments:

Post a Comment