Thursday 21 March 2019

191 night in the woods - the friends i made pay tribute

Dear Readers,

The scene shifted to a place with light and organ music. I was now in sanctuary! I laid on one of the pews and I was surrounded by family, friends and neighbours. I laid there with my eyes closed.

Mr. Chazokov was here and it was the first time I've ever seen him with a frown on his face. Mr. Twigmeyer was here and so were Lori M, Dad, Mom, Pastor Kate, Mr. Penderson and Selmers.

Pastor Kate said she believed god was here, in this room. She said during times like this, we can call out and know that our cries are heard.

Mom sniffled. She was very sad looking. Both Pastor Kate and Dad made an ellipsis. Pastor Kate then asked if anyone would like to say something about me while we were here. Mom said that'd be nice.

Lori M said I was her friend and please god let me be ok. She said I was really a nice person, even if I didn't know it. She said she wrote me a part in a movie she wanted to make called Thrill Kill Witch Cult. Dad told her he knew I'd appreciate that. And I do! :) Gosh I love Lori M so much! Mom asked her who she was again and she introduced herself with her full name, Lori Meyers. Now I know! Pastor Kate thanked her and asked if anyone else wanted to go next.

Mr. Chazokov spoke up. He said I was a good girl. He said he and I explored the stars and I loved to hear about them. Then he wasn't able to continue because he was getting emotional. Wow... I absolutely did love to hear about the stars from him... Pastor Kate said it can be difficult... and asked about anyone else.

Selmers spoke next. She said she's always known me as the kid down the street. A little younger than her, but tough. She said she'd been through addiction, jail, rehab and divorce in the past couple of years and that she just thought it wasn't fair that I of all people should have trouble. She asked where was the god in that? Where was the higher power? She said this was all a bunch of BS. Pastor Kate thanked her, calling her Selma. Mom made an ellipsis. So did Dad. Good old Selmers...

This is a pretty powerful scene... and the actions I made during the game really seem to influence what's being said here from other people. I can only imagine what it's like for Mom and Dad to hear about me from the friendships I've made during the run of playing this game. I would call this scene a good example of a video game results screen! Though, the story isn't quite over...

Mr. Penderson piped up. He said I'd always been a menace and that he called the police on me more than once. He said he hoped I'd wake up and learn a lesson and that that was all he had to say. Dad said uh... ok. Paster Kate thanked him, calling him William. At least he was hoping that I'd wake up... I'd say I'd get this speech no matter what I did during the game!

Mr. Twigmeyer decided to speak up. He said I was a daughter to all of them on the block. Mr. Penderson butted in, telling him to speak for himself. Mr. Twigmeyer continued, saying sometimes folks was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He said he hoped we'd find out exactly what happened to me. Mom said they knew, as my friends told them. Dad said we were out in the woods at night down the end of Centre Ave and someone was out there hunting illegally and we got shot at and I fell and... Mom continued, saying I must've fallen off a million things a million times. All it took was landing the wrong way one time and... Mr Twigmeyer said oh... and he hoped that I woke up soon to tell them all about it and see if I remembered who did it. Pastor Kate said she was sure that I...

All of a sudden, the janitor from the bus station walked in from the right. Not only that, but the entire area started to morph and sink and rise. The sanctuary became a hospital ward, the pew became my hospital bed, the background music became a heart monitor beep. Most of the people disappeared apart from Dad, Mom, Pastor Kate, and of course the janitor, who had just walked in.

The janitor apologised, saying he didn't mean to interrupt. He asked what happened to this one(me). Mom asked if they knew him. Pastor Kate asked him if he was here to clean up. He said nah, that he was supposed to be fixing a door. She asked if the door was in here and he said nope! Dad said ok, so— and the janitor said I was gonna be fine... for today, leastways. Mom said what? and the janitor said what? and Dad said who are you? and the janitor said janitor! before leaving.

Whew! I'm telling ya, this janitor has some mystical power or something!

I finally spoke! I said the house was gone. Mom and Dad exclaimed with joy when I spoke! Pastor Kate asked me what I said and I said it's dead. Mom asked me what was dead and I paused before saying... everything.

The scene faded and changed to me sleeping in my own bed at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment