Saturday 13 April 2019

213 night in the woods - winter is coming, rabies

Dear Readers,

I hiked out to the right, to the edge of town with the bridge and sign. There were snowflakes falling!

I stood in front of the welcome sign and wondered if we would ever be a big booming town again. I thought about those guys last night and concluded they were just deluded. But it'd be really nice. If there was a god I might ask. But then I think they'd have to fight the other gods that bled this place nearly to death. I was proud of us all for having good lives in a crappy, stupid, good town. I paused and said here's to you, Possum Springs. Here's to survival.

I hopped up on the bridge guardrail and sat for a while. Rabies showed up. I said hey Rabies. I told him I bet his life was exciting, playing with his friends. I said he was a champ and had to be popular. Eating garbage and common pests... I said I felt like I was just glad the world included him :)

We stayed for a moment before I said I had to jet. I told him to stay cool, to stay alive.

I sat for a good while longer before I left and headed back to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment