Tuesday 30 April 2019

230 night in the woods - the mouse priest

Dear Readers,

Granddad was just starting to tell me a story where someone meets a cat who tells them they're going to die in the woods! Yikes!

I asked Granddad where does this happen? He said it was back where his grandparents came from, but long before they lived. I asked him if they had Longest Night back then and he said they did! I asked him what they called it and he said Longest Night.

Back to the story as this character. After speaking to the cat I went into the woods. I passed by some trees and found a spot that I thought would be good for a snowman. It seemed like a nice enough forest, walking over snowdrifts and it was a pleasant evening with snow falling against a purple sky in the background. I finally came across something. It was some kind of weird house totem thing with a mouse standing up high.

The mouse called me pilgrim and I greeted him. He introduced himself as Father Patience Forget-Not-God. I said wow, that was a name. He said it was gifted to him when he was ordained. I asked him what was his name before and he said it was Butchie Mudd. That certainly was a change. He asked me if I wanted to say a prayer at this place, the shrine of Saint Orolony, describing them in detail in a single breath. I said "Why yes, I do!".

He said I may recite when ready. I said "Gracious tree lord, leafy and barked" and the mouse gave out to me, telling me the forest god wasn't a tree! I said I thought that, because of the forest... and he butted in again, telling me no tree could be a god. I said I wasn't following this line of logic and asked what could be a god? He said not a tree, obviously. He said to go and come back when I had been granted knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment