Monday 15 April 2019

215 night in the woods - final dusk star erskine and further adventures with mr chazokov

Dear Readers,

Mr Chazokov was out stargazing! I was only too delighted to join him again for more dusk star spotting :)

I remember how sad he was back at the church when I wasn't well... man... what a great friend he was.

There was one more star to spot! I went searching with the scope once again and found it.

After consulting the guide he identified it as Erskine The Firemaker. I asked about the term firemaker and he said it was a wanderer in the cold and dark, making a fire and huddling up to it for light and warmth. I said it sounded festive and he said it sounded like survival.

I said this star made me want to cry. He said crying? On his roof? and asked me if I wished to talk about it. I said no, it was fine. He asked if it was a happy cry, or a sad cry? I said I didn't know, I didn't have great words for it. He said it was ok. Sometimes there are too many words. I said yeah and thanked him for this. He thanked me for joining him.

He said he thinks we had discovered them all? and I said we didn't really discover them, right? I mean, someone else already saw them and named them, wrote a whole bunch of stuff about them and we just found what they made for us. He asked if that wasn't a discovery and I said not really. He said maybe not in the historical sense as we didn't create the stars or name them, but we had these autumn afternoons and found them together :) and he asked if that wasn't something? I said something... that my granddad said something like that once, something about a story having really happened because hearing it happened to you! He said that was nice :) and I said it wasn't bad.

After this it zoomed out and showed all 9 of the stars we had spotted together :)

Away from the telescope I said what now? He said the super moon was coming! I asked what it was and he said it was a giant moon! I liked the idea a lot, saying it did sound super :) He said I must come meet him when it happened. It'd be late at night and there would be others on their roofs. He said if I would come, he would make the hot chocolate and what a time that would be! I said it sounded great and that I wanted to see a super moon! He said to plan on it!

I said I'd see him later and he said so too, calling me stargazer :)

I sketched out Erskine in my journal. It was of someone in warm clothes, kneeling and warming their hands by the fire. I put it on the opposite page of Kol and Adina.

Mr Chazokov is another one of the friendships I really enjoyed making in this game and this was a lovely rewarding end, with us saying we'll go stargazing again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment