Wednesday 21 July 2021

5 liberation maiden - blasting trains in the snowy mountains

Dear Readers,

Stage 4 took place in a dark, snowy, mountainous stage. Despite the weather, the targets weren't too difficult to find, as they glowed.

Eventually I uncovered a Lesser Spike and took care of it.

The next Lesser Spike was in some cliffs. I had to pass by the Greater Spike's shielded area to get to it. I took it out as well.

I like the voice fx like "What a rush!" and "Think you can win?" from my character's voice actor. Adds some enjoyment to the game.

The next mission was quite different. I had to take out the trains at several places. There were also some bigger missiles going after me this time! I just had to take them out and follow the tracks and map to get to the trains.

Kira then told me of a priority mission, which was to check around and under the bridge for hostiles. I didn't really know what was different about this one... just a lot of missiles that I was intercepting anyway? Ah well, I completed it.

I continued blowing up the trains. I was worried they would escape in tunnels or whatever but they seemed to be just going back and forth.

When I took out all the trains, a Lesser Spike appeared. I took that out with help from using the sword thingy. I remembered to use it a few times in this level.

After all that, the Greater Spike's shields went down and the atmospheric winter music got more exciting with a faster beat. It was time to go after it.

On engagement, Kira told me there was no recon on this thing. The music got even more dramatic too. This big spike thing shot out these glass like panels that hovered around it but still showed its weak spot. I attacked away until it went through the various stages. At one point it put up this red shielding that deflected my attacks so I had to cease fire briefly. Other than that I kept up the attack until it was time to carry out the screen scrawling sacrifice drive again.

I defeated this monster but then another monster came out of it. It was this huge weird bird thing. I guess that's gonna be stage 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment