Sunday 25 July 2021

9 liberation maiden - my first 100% purification stage score!

Dear Readers,

I decided to play more of normal mode, resuming from stage 2 in the story on normal setting.

I adjusted my approach. This time I placed the Nintendo 3DS on a table, using the fingers on my left hand to control movement and the stylus in my right hand to carry out aiming. This was a much more comfortable way to play the game. Up until now I had been using both hands to hold the 3DS and my right thumbnail for aiming. It was okay but not great. Moving the Liberator doesn't requite fast twitchy movement like a 2D shmup does. It's heavier and more deliberate in movement like a tank.

I got into the level and tried to go for 100% purification. There were submarines and ships and cities and other structures I had to seek out and destroy. There was also a sub mission I didn't do last time. I made sure to check the menu for any missions to complete before facing the Greater Spike.

Many submarines and ships I didn't have to attack in order to expose Lesser Spikes so Kira never told me about them for missions, but I made sure to fly around and try and find them. Many submarines dived out of sight and I had to actually wait for them to resurface before I could attack.

When I couldn't find more and with just the Greater Spike to go in missions, I looked at the menu which told me I had 100% purification achieved! I was happy with this so I took out the boss.

100% purification earns big points but there's a time cost in getting it. In the gallery, I unlocked a character profile. There's more to unlock for getting 100% in the other levels so I'll try that next!

No comments:

Post a Comment