Sunday 19 March 2017

1 sonic the hedgehog - half the emeralds

Dear Readers,

Recently I played the whole way through Sonic 1. I haven't done that in years, probably during his 15th anniversary when I beat it for the first time! The version I played is the SEGA 3D Classics Collection for Nintendo 3DS.

It's probably the best version of Sonic 1 ever. Even better than the GameCube Mega Collection version. It's one of the rare examples of 3D I love on the system. The 3D SEGA Classics have the best 3D done. If you have a 3DS, take a look at the SEGA 3D screenshots on Miiverse. They're pretty awesome.

Anyway, I played through the whole game but only got 3 chaos emeralds, so Robotnik jeered at me while juggling the other 3. I kept messing up in the Special Stages! Always hitting GOAL or having too few rings to get a try or a continue. Luckily, I didn't need a continue this time.

I like the game a lot, even the slow and mean spirited levels. I'm trying to become a bit more familiar with them. At least I know I can be careful enough to keep my fifty rings until the end of a stage.

There's a lot of anxiety to deal with in this game regarding holding on to rings. The more you have, the more careful you want to be. Very much a high stakes thing, though it isn't gambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment