Saturday 25 March 2017

1 splatoon 2 - my time with the first global testfire

Dear Readers,

It's Global Testfire weekend! I decided to jump in and try the first session that took place between 7pm and 8pm GMT Friday. Here's how I got on...

Before I got into any match, the game gave me a tutorial. The B button is now the jump button instead of X, which is now the map button. This caught me out quite a lot but I'm sure I can get used to it. It's also kinda weird how the camera control descriptions were labelled "inverted" when they were normal. It's nice to have the option to change though! I also used the Splattershot for this hour long session.

Now for the matches:

Match 1:
Won 58.6 to 25.8

Began playing on the Reef stage. Just messing around laying ink on everything. Splatted one guy. Nice winning start :)

Match 2:
Lost 27.3 to 56.8

First loss! Oh well. Got a load of the new special abilities, including the missiles where I can aim at the others from a distance. They're nice enough and I got many splats out of it.

Match 3:
Lost 31.2 to 59.9

Musselforge Fitness arena this time. This place has the feel of a large indoor shed or something. I got splatted through the wall because of someone using the powerful stingray weapon. Pretty dangerous stuff.

Match 4:
Won 56.6 to 35.3

Finally winning again! I still can't get used to pressing B instead of X to jump but I will. Also, there's a shortcut to do a super jump where you hold the D-Pad and press A. I can't suss it yet.

Match 5:
Won 55.4 to 36.6

I got ambushed by the other team but it didn't stop our team from winning! In the Global Testfire a random gender and skin tone is chosen for you for each map and no fancy equipment, making the experience pure. Competitive games can be the nicest in the first few months :)

Match 6:
Won 69.7 to 18.6

We absolutely trashed them this time! Very satisfying to ambush and splat many members of their team too! Woo!

Match 7:
Won 55.0 to 36.4

I got splatted by that missile launcher special for the first time. Didn't stop us from winning again though! I also did a bit of that taunt-y jump when you splat someone. :P

Match 8:
Won 58.5 to 32.3

I splatted them a lot during this round and didn't get splatted once. No laggy splats either, which always knocked my confidence during close quarters combat in the first game.

Match 9:
Lost 24.0 to 53.5

Back to the Reef stage. I splatted loads of people, only got splatted once. Lost badly enough and someone dropped out on our team.

Match 10:
Lost 32.6 to 46.9

Didn't get far at all in this one. They were quite good at keeping territory.

Match 11:
Won 46.2 to 45.6

Very close match! Back at the Fitness arena too. Had an awesome time here and splatted them many many times, two of them in the last few seconds, which was pretty satisfying!

Match 12:
Lost 40.5 to 43.1

Another very close match! I had some very narrow misses. Especially at one point where one of them had the jetpack spray special going on and were firing heavy shots past my head.

Match 13:
Lost 39.1 to 45.1

I got splatted 3 times, including once by missiles. They didn't get away with it though! Didn't stop us from losing however.

Match 14:
Lost 42.6 to 46.6

I did pretty well with the splatting. I got them many times but our team still lost.

Won 7, lost 7!

The Global Testfire session lasted until about 8:15pm after all. Glad I was able to have as much fun as I could and even beyond the scheduled hour :)

After playing non-stop for an hour, my Switch battery was down to 40% from a full charge. Gonna have to charge if I want to play again during the weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment