Wednesday 8 March 2017

2 zelda breath of the wild - more qr codes and puzzle shrines

Dear Readers,

I climbed down from the tower that sprouted from underneath me and heard a familiar voice. The old man from before flew in on his sweet paraglider.

We chatted about what just happened and about this shrine nearby that started glowing. He asked me to bring him treasure that was hidden within in exchange for his paraglider. I agreed and set off towards the shrine.

The shrines have their own QR codes to scan before opening up with an elevator that brings me down into them. Why couldn't the tower have such a mechanism? :P

On entering, I heard a sage's voice, telling me to complete the trial ahead. Nearby there was another QR code station. It glowed blue and played the building up theme when you open up a major chest in other 3D Zelda games, before dripping a blue drop into my Sheikah Slate. Now I had the ability to magnetise and move large metal objects! It's pretty cool!

Throughout the shrine I lifted metal lids, opened metal doors and made metal bridges on my way to get through to the sage at the end. The sage gave me a soul orb which absorbed into my body. The trial was now over.

I met the old man again outside. He said there were more treasures to find on this continent, so he tasked me to find them before he was going to give me his paraglider. He laughed at the idea of giving me the paraglider straight away. Hmm... I guess this is one of those cases where the awarding body makes it about the journey and the learning experience rather than the prize. Of course, if this was real life and I was giving an employer free labour, then the only outcome would be me hating myself.

I guess it's good, because I'm not sure how I was going to give him an orb that absorbed into my body, or this sweet magnetising app on my smartphone, I mean Sheikah Slate.

He asked me to meet him on the tower again and told me about fast travel. Handy stuff! I warped to the top of the tower and he was there already! He laughed, asking me what took me so long. Mysterious guy...

He taught me about placing pins on my smartphone's viewfinder, I mean my Sheikah Slate's viewfinder map thingy. I placed pins on the points where I could see more of these glowing shrines around the continent. These will act like Skyward Sword's beacons, which was one of my favourite things about that game. :)

You know, I once complained about this game's graphics, wishing they looked as good as Hyrule Warriors. The glow from the shrines helps to make them stand out from the rest of the world though, so I guess that's a good thing about them. They're as good as they need to be.

After placing pins on my map, I climbed down the tower again and headed off towards the next nearest shrine, which was within some ruins nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment