Sunday 22 August 2021

3 steamworld dig - new mining job for materials and upgrades

Dear Readers,

I went into the mine and started digging. I found Trashium and some strange creatures that were buried in the sand. I was able to beat them with a couple of hits from my pickaxe.

I was able to then bring the trashium back to Dorothy, which filled up a meter. When I got the meter full, Dorothy told me to talk to her daddy, which I learned was Cranky. He now had something to work with to upgrade my pickaxe. I bought the Sharp Pickaxe with the money I earned, which allowed me to dig into harder soil. He had another upgrade for later on when I had more money and ladder equipment, which would help me in sticky situations.

So we've got an economy going in this little mining exploration simulation. It all begins here.

Dorothy said I could use my new pickaxe to explore a cave that Uncle Joe used to bring all sorts of stuff from.

I got back to digging and found that I was able to dig through regular soil much faster and I could now also dig through the harder soil at a regular rate. I dug up some new stuff like citrine and copper. I took it back to Dorothy and this all filled up a meter towards the next level. Need to get more.

Cranky said the mine was dangerous and he lost his leg to a Shiner while fixing a pipe. He said some stuff about the old country I couldn't quite understand but it seems like he was from Scotland.

I dug deeper and hauled some more stuff will filled the meter to level 3 and unlocked the medium pouch and placeable lamps in Cranky's shop. I bought next pickaxe upgrade but I still couldn't break that speckled boulder I came across. Also found out those boulders fall when you dig underneath them.

I eventually found the entrance to the cave Dorothy was talking about. I hauled up what I had before I went in to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment