Monday 23 August 2021

4 steamworld dig - weird machine in a cave

Dear Readers,

I went back down the mine and in through this door marked "I". Inside I found what looked like something that was supposed to teach me about the falling boulders.

Then I saw a skull and crossbones sign next to some unsteady ground that crumbles when you walk on it. Then it regenerates. Good to learn about these things and nicely demonstrated here without wordy tutorials.

I learned some more stuff the hard way. Lamps can be broken accidentally and this game actually has fall damage! I better be very careful when I'm exploring more and more. I also run out of light so I better blog with the game paused!

I returned to the surface to recover light and health. Then I returned to the cave to keep exploring. I dropped into this chamber with a strange machine. I stepped into it and gained the ability to run faster. Then I was advised to return to town. I couldn't go out the way I came so I had to circle back through obstacles where I had to dash and jump dash to gain more height, using my new ability. I left the cave and backtracked to town.

Dorothy and Cranky noticed I had something new on my feet. Cranky said I found one of Uncle Joe's caves. He said Joe used to mess around with cogs and steam and Cranky would then let him store some of it in his place. He then mentioned Joe had more caves deeper down. Time for more exploring!

No comments:

Post a Comment