Tuesday 24 August 2021

5 steamworld dig - obtaining the steam jump

Dear Readers,

Lola even complimented my new running boots I obtained from the cave. Not sure what she has to offer yet but I'll continue exploring the mine for caves and materials for now.

I found more materials as I dug deeper and deeper and eventually ran out of room! I went back to down to cash in what I had. I then bought the Medium Pouch from Cranky. Thankfully, the stuff I mined didn't despawn when I got back to pick it up!

I picked away until I found another cave, indicated by the map. It didn't have a marker on it. Inside I found water, which didn't hurt thankfully, and some weird blue glowing thing.

I mined up a bit more before returning to town to get another level up, unlocking the Coal Lantern for the shop. I'm able to trade the weird blue glowing thingies as well as money.

When I got to pickaxe level 5 I found a teleporter that takes me back and forth to town! Very handy!

Not long after, I found a cave marked with a "II". I went inside exploring and found some enemies, one of which was new and was like a turtle that shot stuff at me. I then found another weird machine that gave me the steam jump ability!

I was now able to load up on water and charge a jump like the one in Super Mario Bros. 2! I was able to store enough water to make two of these big jumps.

I found another part of the cave where there were these three levers and a locked door. I'll come back but for now I headed back to town.

Lola at last had something to say. She gave me a napkin Uncle Joe was scribbling on  which looked like a map of some kind. She said he spent his surface time in the saloon mostly. Dorothy said it was strange how the technology I was finding fit me perfectly. I suppose it's because Uncle Joe used it himself. Cranky seemed displeased he couldn't dissuade me from risking my life more but he still kept his shop open to help me.

This napkin was simply another red marker pointing to a further depth. More digging ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment