Tuesday 5 October 2021

16 steamworld dig 2 - meeting rosie at the oasis

Dear Readers,

I dug deeper and deeper until I came across the marked spot on the map, a cave called The Oasis.

Before going in there I went back to town to upgrade the Pressure Bomb for the first time to the Scholander Hydrostatic.

Inside The Oasis I came across a sleeping Shiner. It woke and its name was Schwifty Shawn. Then there was an earthquake, followed by another Shiner appearing. She was much bigger than Shawn. Her name was Rosie. Fen and I were surprised to learn they could talk. I told them I didn't want any trouble and I just wanted to find my friend.

Rosie asked me if the friend was a brownish, tin-can lookin' tortoise fella. I said yes and asked what happened to him. She felt she could trust me, so she invited me in to chat about him. Fen was disappointed these Shiners weren't just attacking and deranged.

I followed and there in front of me was a town of Shiners! Also a warp point so I could warp back and forth to town easily.

I mingled a bit. Wet Willy was about to take a bath. Cleo Johnson was fishing. Stabby Helen talked about stabbing. Shawn was guarding something. Handy Gabby didn't say much. Dynomyte Harriet was annoyed her daughter let in a steambot.

I complimented Rosie on this town. She said she built it to keep her kin safe and happy. They were too, until Rusty brought the earthquakes. I said Rusty saved my town from Vectron. She said maybe he changed after the fight with the sparkly beast. She said he came here and told her he'd bring the mine down on their heads. They were barely able to hold him off.

Wow... I said I was sorry and said I'd talk to him if I could just find him. Rosie understood my loyalty and if I could find the source of the quakes and stop them, she'd help me out the best she could. She told me to use the tool in the mining station she then opened for me nearby.

I mingled another bit. The townsfolk were less trusting but they liked their moon juice. The fisher wasn't really fishing and it was just something to do with his shoes.

I went into Rosie's storage and made my way around to find a new ability: the Hookshot! It worked just like the one in Zelda! I'm able to cling to distant walls and ceilings. I found some ore and a cog as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment