Thursday 28 October 2021

40 steamworld dig 2 - navigating the grand lava river

Dear Readers,

The Device of Disaster in Yarrow was now open to take care of, so I went in there and smashed it. Another earthquake happened. I resolved to ask Rusty to explain himself when I find him.

I went back to town and upgraded the lamp to the Sol Invictus. I tried out the Eye for Weakness as well.

Now to warp to the Temple Bowels and wow it's been a while since I was here. I flew off to the right and hookshotted when I needed rest. I made my way past obstacles and fire golems. Eventually I came to a big drop down to a warp point at The Grand Lava River.

This river I had to fly across and attach to blocks whenever I could to rest. I eventually found a cave called the Infernal Crates. A puzzle oriented cave where I had to turn the conveyor belts on and off to ensure a safe path for crates to reach the pressure switches to open the way forward. I had to explore every inch of the place as there was a sneaky hidden tunnel that lead to another puzzle for an artifact. I solved the rest and grabbed the cog and left.

The river got more dangerous when cultists started showing up. I was able to handle them and they helped open the path ahead too with their spears when they tried to get at me. I continued until I reached the end of the river and there was another big long drop down to the next warp point called the Basement Entrance.

I headed back to town to cash in and decided to upgrade the water tank to the Nautilus II. I wanted to install the Moisture Vaporator, which constantly replenishes my water supply. Don't wanna be stuck for it anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment