Tuesday 12 October 2021

23 steamworld dig 2 - digging below the dangerous golem altar

Dear Readers,

I continued digging under the Golem Altar. I found lots of lava pits and those exploding barrels from the last game. Minerals were placed really close to them and so I died a couple of times.

I took it easy and went back to town when I found the warp at Hanging Lava Gardens. I upgraded the backpack to the Elven Tote and installed the Magnetic Separator. I uninstalled the Flame of Kubera to free up a cog for it. I wanted to pull resources toward me instead of falling into lava.

I found a cave called Spikes & Conveyors. Nice fun challenge where I had to ride conveyors, avoid spikes and cling to walls and ceilings using the hook shot. I clung to the underside at the bottom right and continued until I found a secret area. I found another secret area by shooting the hook shot into a suspicious gap further ahead along the path.

The Magnetic Separator worked a treat! Ore that fell into lava leaped up out of it when I got close. Very handy!

I dug further until I found another warp point at the Temple Bowels. I went back to town to cash in. I upgraded to the Alloy Steel Pickaxe and installed the Total Recoil to make enemies fly further back when they're struck.

No comments:

Post a Comment