Saturday 9 October 2021

20 steamworld dig 2 - conveyor belt maze

Dear Readers,

I went back to the Temple of the Destroyer to do more digging.

To the right of the first warp, there was a cog in the centre of a maze. I just had to find the mineable blocks in order to reach it.

I found some stuff, then returned to town to upgrade the pickaxe to the Pickaxe Chu and equipping Bounty Hunter, which'll help me with getting more money from enemies.

The first cave I found in this new mining area was called The Batcave. In hear I had to lure the bats in order to clear a way upwards and then lure more of them up there to uncover the artifact that was here.

Digging down further I found a weird and interesting system of conveyor belts and crate dispensers and crushers. Bits of ore and cogs to find among it all too. I found a couple of caves and warp points before going back to town to cash in. I upgraded the lamp to the Lantern.

I warped to the Conveyor Maze and went into the cave called Floor is Lava. This area was tricky and covered with buttons. I had to avoid pressing them so I had to cling to walls and ceilings a lot. Then I read a sign at the end that said I wasn't allowed to make any mistakes at all so I had to do the whole cave all over again from the start without making any mistakes. This was an absolute pain and didn't really add to the fun of the game. It just made it like one of those extreme platformers I don't really like. I completed it alright but I didn't want to see other areas like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment