Sunday 24 October 2021

36 steamworld dig 2 - exploring bushwhack beehive

Dear Readers,

Bushwhack Beehive was the name of the next cave. I burrowed down to it from the Mushroom Pond. I started seeing acidic enemies that flew around now.

Inside the Bushwhack Beehive were a lot of these flying enemies. I collected everything I could in there but there were these dirt blocks that were too high to reach. I tried hitting the acid bees towards them but I kept failing as the blocks were just too out of reach and the bees didn't fly near them. Then I found a bee that flew diagonally. I waited patiently for it to make its way between me and the blocks and it took ages but I got it eventually, revealing another artifact. 

That was really difficult and slow to do! I know there's a better way, but I had to be level 14 before I could equip an upgrade to allow me to shoot Pressure Bombs in mid air! I could definitely come back and grind. Seems like an easy grinding spot.

I went back to town and bought Clifford's blueprint, which allows me to shoot three grenades at once and it only uses one bar of water. Seems nice enough.

I went back into the mine and dug around a lot. I cashed it all in and bought a Barren North Pickaxe. This made digging the blocks a lot easier and faster. I found a cave called the Lime Loop. Will explore next time. I did find a cog to the right of the entrance by diving into the green goo and going into the out of reach spot. That upgrade for brief resistance was handy after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment