Thursday 21 October 2021

32 steamworld dig 2 - wasting the spiky snails in yarrow

Dear Readers,

I continued exploring Yarrow slowly, due to those very dangerous spiky snails.

I saved up enough to upgrade my pickaxe to the Tungsten one.

I eventually found the cave named Swim Swam Sway and went inside. This was a very dangerous underwater tunnel filled with spikes and shooter plant thingies. At one point I lured them to shoot and uncover a cog I could hear rattling. There was an artifact to find earlier in this section too.

Afterwards, I continued digging until I reached the warp point Above the Acid Swamp. I had many battles with the snails and I resorted to using my pressure bomb and grenades to deal with them instead of going near them. I got on much better this way.

I went back to town to cash in and upgrade to the Doom Armour.

I went back digging and met Handy Gabby. They got here from the oasis through the pipes. I told them it wasn't safe here.

Indeed it wasn't. It was highly treacherous with the pink drips and the pools of green stuff. The area seemed to branch off to the right and upwards but there was a lot of dirt and ore overhead. I was low on water so I continued down carefully until I got to the warp point Below the Acid Swamp. There were two caves here too.

I went back to town to cash in and upgrade the backpack to the One Bag to Hold Them All. I equipped the Buster Shells as well. Getting more fond of the Pressure Bomb now...

No comments:

Post a Comment