Monday 18 April 2022

184 zelda breath of the wild - the great deku tree speaks

Dear Readers,

The Great Deku Tree woke up and started speaking to me. It said I finally decided to show up. It knew me alright, but I didn't have any recollection of who it was.

It told me about the Master Sword I just tried to pull from its pedestal. The forest Koroks started gathering around and flying around with their little helicopter thingies. I wielded this sword 100 years ago as the chosen knight. However, I would lose my life if I tried to pull it out now without my true strength.

I knew this for certain because I still only had three hearts at this stage :)

The Deku Tree had some nice voice acting. Just a calm deep old voice. The sword pulling came up as "The Hero's Sword" in the main quests. Even though I had so little strength, I gave it a go anyway. Pulling the sword sapped my hearts.

When I got to my last quarter heart, The Great Deku Tree said "Enough" and I let go. That's how it knew I wasn't ready. It replenished my strength again so that was nice :)

I took a brief look around this place for a Goddess Statue to upgrade my health, but I couldn't find any. I'll mingle with the locals before I do anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment