Sunday 10 April 2022

44 xenoblade - giant spider fight and changing the outcome

Dear Readers,

I found Reyn surrounded by Arachnos, just like in my vision! I came to his help and he started running. I called out to him. He said it was no use, for every one he killed, ten more sprouted up! Then the giant Arachno from my vision appeared and came at Reyn.

When this happened, I got in there and the Monado turned from a blue glow to a golden one. I swung it round and a force field appeared around Reyn, saving him from the attack in my vision. We finally joined up again and got ready to take on the huge monster.

My new art was some kind of shield and I got a tutorial about visions of the future. This was very detailed! Now I was able to change the future and see attacks from bad guys coming in a very detailed way. I have to warn party members about things happening so we can carry out actions that will change the future, such as the shield thing just now. I had to have at least 1 block in the party gauge. This'll take some getting used to...

I fumbled through this battle a bit but I was able to warn Reyn about big attacks at least. We were able to defeat the monster.

I told Reyn about my visions and since we were able to change them they were more like warnings. This will allow us to change the outcome of big battles like this.

He said we were almost to the Bionis' knee so the next thing to do was to press ahead. I got a tutorial about monster talent art levels and how we must have a shield at the same level or higher to block it. It encouraged levelling up the shield art. There was another one about Skill Links.

There was a bit to read in the tutorials. One was stratregies on changing the future like using a shield, or changing the aggro target, using Topple or Daze to change the time remaining for the big attack and using a chain attack to make this timer pause. Lots of stuff you can do there.

The other one was a more detailed explanation about Skill Links. It uses affinity and Affinity Coins to link character's skills so one character can use another character's skills. Whew... exhausting.

On the other side of the area, the path continued with more ether lamps to mark it. What an extremely dangerous path...

We followed this tunnel until we could see a bright blue sky at the end of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment