Thursday 21 April 2022

187 zelda breath of the wild - upgrading hearts to qualify for the master sword

Dear Readers,

I finally made the decision to upgrade from having only three heart containers! The Master Sword was now within reach and I needed to cash in the Spirit Orbs I had been saving!

There was a Goddess Statue in Korok Forest near the Master Sword's pedestal. The deal was to trade 4 Spirit Orbs for 1 extra heart container. Each time I upgraded I would try to pull the Master Sword out again. When it wasn't enough, the Great Deku Tree would replenish all the hearts I used while pulling. I ran back and forth between the Goddess Statue and the Master Sword, upgrading my strength and testing it again.

Maca was on the path between the Master Sword and the Goddess Statue, so each time I passed by they would great me with a loud, joyful "YOOOOOIIIIII!". This, along with the happy marching tune of Korok Forest made the trip over and back fun in its own way!

After 2 heart upgrades something started to give as I was pulling the Master Sword.

After another 3 heart upgrades, another stage of give happened as I pulled.

After yet another 2 heart upgrades, a bit more again was giving.

After 2 more heart upgrades I got carried away with pulling and died. Whoops.

After 1 more heart upgrade I finally pulled out the Master Sword! YES! I held it up in the air, and the glorious classic Master Sword acquisition theme played!

All in all, I needed 40 Spirit Orbs for the 10 extra heart containers I needed for the Master Sword and I had 41, so that was fortunate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment