Tuesday 4 September 2018

4 night in the woods - almost dying in a swampy landfill during my first night in the woods

Dear Readers,

I left the bus station. It was dark and my mom and dad weren't here at all to pick me up. I had to make my own way home through the woods.

It was dark and cold apart from the streetlights. Through the woods was the only way I could go as I couldn't go out onto the highway. There were fireflies around here that drew to me and circled me when I passed them. They were pretty cool :)

In the background were some kind of towers that lit up and hummed. There was also the abandoned glass factory and the train tracks. I had missed the sound of that train as I hadn't been home in quite some time. I jumped around on the benches and the bin but couldn't jump on the tree branches here. Then I started my hike through the woods, my first night in the woods! I muttered about my negligent parents.

The fireflies left me when I dropped down the steep slope into a swampy landfill. There were some shopping trolleys here from the Food Donkey supermarket, which was clear across town. I admired the dedication of the vandals. Some other rubbish was here like plastic bags, bottles, cans, a battered bicycle, and lots of timber logs from the old sawmill. In real life I know sawmills and supermarkets and fly dumps but we haven't really known plastic bags like these since the plastic bag levy in Ireland was brought in in the early 2000s. "Bags For Life" became more widely used then. We don't have those "little ghosts" much anymore. Before the levy there honestly used to be a lot. We were haunted.

We know frogs and toads as well but not "ghost owls", unless they're talking about barn owls?

I wonder who etched "NVN" into that tree?

I had to climb the next slope to get home but all the logs were in the way. I was able to walk out to the end of a creaky one and jump on it to make a bunch of other logs fall. It was very dangerous and I fell back into the swampy area, but I was okay! It seems like I was a bit of a thrill seeker too! It cleared the way up the hill a bit at least.

"Class of 99" was printed on another object as I was climbing up. It's a safe bet that this game did take place a good bit after 2000.

I continued up the slope and saw some lights in the background as I went onto the next screen. I was getting closer to home. Some more letters were etched into the trees up here. Onto the playground next...

No comments:

Post a Comment