Saturday 1 September 2018

2 night in the woods - playing the switch in docked mode and with different controllers

Dear Readers,

Someday I'll play this game in more detail because I want to take my time with it, but for now, I started a new file over again from the beginning.

This time instead of playing in portable mode during a power cut, I played this game docked and with different controllers. Using the Joy-Con grip I got on better during the guitar sections because the right analogue stick wasn't getting in the way as much. Using the Pokkén Tournament controller there's no analogue stick at all so that worked out perfectly.

This time I played right up to the part where Gregg and Mae were inside the Food Donkey. The game looks really nice on the TV, especially the opening loading screen with Mae's massive face and "nightmare eyes" filling up the screen. Sets the tone really well and I love it :) I usually play in tabletop mode and I probably will when I start the game over again.

I occasionally had some spectators too :) They liked the music that played in Mae's house, saying that it was lovely and relaxing. They thought it was unusual that the game itself was about talking to people. They usually associate games as something that features a lot of arcade action, so to see these speech bubbles and stuff was a new thing for them.

Next time I'll start from the start again in tabletop mode (my favourite) and I will blog my playthrough :)

No comments:

Post a Comment