Tuesday 9 October 2018

39 night in the woods - my new rat babies

Dear Readers,

I found an open window upstairs in the Telezoft building. I was able to open the window and go inside!

In here was some kind of storage place. I found some stuff from the spring festival here. I remember something about a character float named Mallard P. Bloomingro that snapped its tether and ran over someone named Chris Evans. The parade got cancelled then after that. I called them cowards for cancelling the whole thing but also wondered if Chris Evans or Mallard were ok.

I thought about how there wasn't much happening in spring anymore besides the Easter basket blessing and the special pretzels.

I didn't like the flowers here, which were fake. I thought Mallard deserved better.

I continued through this hallway, which was covered with pipes and an industrial hum. I found an EXIT door that was locked and was very unhappy that it didn't function as advertised. I vowed to return.

I continued into another room and exclaimed with joy for here was the float of Mallard P. Bloomingbro himself! It was locked away and discarded in here. The music changed to a nostalgic chimey tune with a melancholic beat. I doodled Mallard's head with teeth and wrote "MALLARD 4-EVA".

Mallard was one of my favourite things when I was a kid and now it was just thrown in this room here. This was his tomb. I poured out my childhood lamentations for him right there and then. It was probably just thrown here by the chamber of commerce but now I had found him and now I knew he was here. To me he was like a big beaky dinosaur. I promised to visit him every now and again. I'm adding him to my daily routine! :)

Mallard had a hole and I looked inside, where I found two mice. "Mallard! You're pregnant!" I said. I immediately loved them and wanted to bring them food. I was able to tickle them and make them squeak. I updated my doodle of Mallard with lots of rats around and wrote "MIRACLE RATS".

I left the building and went down into the tunnel to steal a pretzel from the pierogi stand. I wanted to feed my new rat babies. The music changed to some kind of heist music and I had to avoid the eye of the stand owner, with whom I still wasn't on the best of terms. With a shaky hand I just had to try and not move while they were looking in my direction. I managed it, calling myself the bandit queen.

I went back to my miracle rat babies, who both grabbed the pretzel and gobbled it hungrily. I guess I was their mom now. I didn't know if I was ready to be a mom. I'll come back to feed them again another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment