Saturday 13 October 2018

43 night in the woods - trying not to get killed on the stairwell

Dear Readers,

I don't know how we managed it, but Gregg and I managed to carry the big rabbit head all the way from the Food Donkey to the stairwell of his apartment building. It still smelled strongly of glue.

Gregg said his neighbours were gonna start thinking he's on drugs... or just gluing the heck out of some stuff.

It was quiet in the stairwell. A little bit draughty with some faint scratching here and there. Not as bad as the Food Donkey though.

I asked him if we really were gonna carry this thing up the stairs and he insisted it was gonna be great. He was pushing and I was pulling. I told him he was gonna die and get squashed like a pancake. He laughed it off before saying seriously not to kill him. He told me to follow his signals.

Here I had to press the directions of the arrows that showed up in his word balloon. Messing up meant the crate with the rabbit head would fall and knock him down to the bottom of the stairs. This happened almost immediately... I said sorry to him and he laughed it off, saying it was kinda awesome. I'm glad he didn't die. He said he would totally haunt this entire stairwell if he did.

I can't get over how nice and patient Gregg is. Angus is the same. They're so cool with everything going on around them with every kind of jerk and they just laugh or brush it off. Or shake it off, like Taylor Swift. :P

When doing this event there's this tense, jiggly piano music that plays and it's genuinely unnerving! All the while I had to follow the arrows and the stop sign as well.

We made it up one set of stairs. Gregg laughed and said he was so tired. He reminded me that he worked an entire day before doing this. I teased him and told him I bet he sat on his ass all day and he said no — that he had to stand a lot. But yeah, my arms were dead too. He said his entire body was dead.

Gosh this event was unnerving! I failed another time on the second flight of stairs when I moved when I should've stopped. Gah! On the next attempt we made it though! Thankfully we didn't need to carry it up the third flight of stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment