Sunday 21 October 2018

51 night in the woods - chatting with bruce on this rainy day

Dear Readers,

I wanted to see how Bruce was doing on this dreary rainy day, so I went out from church to go see him. He wasn't alone...

The people from the town council were here and so was Aunt Molly. The members were questioning Bruce quite a bit and asked if they could see his setup. Bruce and Molly didn't say much to this. The members asked him more questions. He said Possum Springs was nice, that it had nice people. He said he was here in the 70s as well when they were looking for miners. The members were saying it was great to meet him and everything, being all polite... but yeah... they were definitely being busybodies. Aunt Molly was quiet while this was going on — no doubt she was here to see things went smoothly. The members thanked Bruce for talking to them and they left. Then Molly thanked Bruce and she left too.

As they walked away they were murmuring. I caught up with them to listen in. They said something about camping but they also talked about community concerns and that Bruce can't be staying outside like this.

I went back to Bruce and asked him what his story was. He said he didn't have any. I asked where he was from. He said northeast of here. After a brief pause he said he worked on the railroads and some mines and some construction. I asked him how he ended up here and he said it was a "string 'a bad luck". Shucks :(

I went back into the church to see if mom or Pastor Kate had anything else to say. They didn't and Pastor K wasn't here.

On a lighter note, I saw my "Gimme da gorbage" raccoon friend in town when I got back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment