Thursday 13 December 2018

103 night in the woods - enter the library

Dear Readers,

"Look! Jobs!" Bea said, as if they were a thing of ancient history. She and I arrived at the library and saw this romanticised mural of coal miners.

That's one of my favourite quotes from the game :) The legendary "jobs", spoken of by old people who still believed they existed and that we should be working harder! Psh! That kind of thing belongs in a museum! At least that's what I really want someday.

This mural at the library really was flattering. They looked like the Three Wise Men being guided by stars. Bea had some words to say about it. She said when it was painted you could look out the window and see jobs and everything being great, but now it was just like any graffiti mural that shows up after someone gets shot or hit by a car. I said it was really affecting her and she said she forgot we lived in separate realities. I told her mine was clearly better :)

I doodled a picture of myself dead on the ground next to my broken bass and wrote "PUMPKIN HEAD GUY" around me and "DEAD" above my head. I didn't get on well with that song at all...

The music changed to a jazzy detective investigation tune. I could only walk alongside Bea and couldn't jump around. We walked up to the front desk and the clerk greeted us with the closing time, which was in 2 hours. I asked them about the "microfish" and Bea corrected me with "microfiche" and I was all like "microfeeesh" :) The clerk said it was on the third floor and we thanked them.

We asked them if it was a slow night and they just murmured. I asked if it got spooky being here alone and they said Larry was wandering around here, whoever Larry was.

No comments:

Post a Comment