Wednesday 2 January 2019

122 night in the woods - donna's cousin

Dear Readers,

While wondering how Sadie the saxophonist got into this building, I chatted with someone who was standing outside here.

I asked them if I knew them and they said no. I asked them if they were Gregg's cousin. They looked like his cousin, but not his cool cousin Jen. They said no again. I then asked who they were and why they were here. They said they were trying to find the city council. I told them it was a town council as it was a town. I asked them why and they said they were "supposed to be demoing an infrastructure and municipal services management program." I was just like what and they said it was to help you manage things like snow plows and broken hydrants and stuff. I said we had stuff like that sometimes and they said lots of places were just scared of new things and wanted to keep things like they are forever, falling apart. They said it was frustrating. I said they were really into this and they said it was their job. I told them I had a job bagging groceries and asked them if they could program something to make that job not suck. They said that soon it was all gonna be robots anyway.

After a moment I realised it. I said they were Donna's cousin and they said yeah! I said she used to babysit me. They asked if I was the kid that killed a bird with her mace and I said it was an accident, and I was like 9! They laughed it off. I said I thought it was perfume and that the bird would like it. They laughed it off, saying I was just 9 after all. We said bye to each other then. They said to try not to kill anything and I said "No promises", just like what Aunt Molly says. Haha :)

Old things expiring and falling apart, fear of change... I know that thing... and feel that feeling and often that frustration this character feels with life not getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment