Tuesday 1 January 2019

22 minecraft - just got the nintendo switch version!

Dear Readers,

I decided to go for the Nintendo Switch version of this game now! I still like the Wii U version but I see more possibilities with this one!

I spawned on the corner of a slope of a river bank. It had been January 2017 since I played this game last so there were some new things right off the bat! There were these long fish swimming around in the river, which I identified as salmon when I made food out of them. Fishing seems a bit easier now at least.

I also saw these weird looking zombies. I looked them up and they're called "Drowned". It's been a very long time since I played this game indeed...

I got some resources together and made a hidey-hole in the side of the river bank, where I made some charcoal for torches. I had a good amount of food too so I decided to go mining.

I dug a mineshaft out of a 3x3 block area within my hidey-hole and dug straight down, making a spiral stairwell out of cobblestone. When I got to the bottom I had a little bit of iron for a bucket, so I placed a little pool of water so I could get down here rapidly. I also build wooden fencing at the top of the hole so I wouldn't fall in unwittingly.

I mined out a tunnel with some branches, hoping to find more resources. I found a good bit of redstone and a small bit of gold and iron, but I mostly came across tons and tons of gravel collapsing in front of me all the time. Too much...

I also came across a bit of lava. I stopped tunnelling after a while.

I went back up to the surface and saw so many Drowned in the river that I decided to seek higher ground. I found a really nice wide open plain above the river banks so I decided to build a house there. I got a start on building it with all the cobblestone I dug out and will do more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment