Sunday 6 October 2019

386 night in the woods - bea says the nicest thing ever :)

Dear Readers,

I couldn't take it anymore. I had to go to the woods and confront the ghost. Yes I certainly must've been insane, going there all alone.

Before long I was standing before the ghostly figure, barely able to do anything but ask it what the heck it was. Was it actually a ghost or just some... guy?

I asked it was it doing this thing that was going on in my head. It wasn't saying anything so I demanded it talk!

Another blank response. I said fine, let's do this. I took a few more paces towards the ghost and all of a sudden, a crossbow arrow whizzed past my head and plunged into the figure's body. Bea, Gregg and Angus came up behind me. Gregg, who was holding the crossbow, said boom. Bea told the figure to get away from me, calling it a piece of crap. Angus told it it was outnumbered.

The figure finally said something, yelling ahhhh you shot me! Bea told it she would personally disassemble it. Gregg was like whoa geez Bea. Hehe, quite different to the last playthrough where Gregg launched a whole load of expletives at the being!

The figure howled and ran off to the left. Bea asked me if I was ok this time. I said "Where did..." and Bea called me such an idiot, asking me what was I thinking, coming out here alone? I said "I- I had a dream..." that they were all dead out here in the woods and it was because of me. Bea said oh, you had a dream? Is that how we were making decisions now? I said "After all that's happened... yeah?" and she was like hey kiddo we're out here outside my head and whatever was going on inside my head, she believed me but she wasn't gonna let me wander off into the woods to die.

I said "No, But-" and she said oh shut up. She asked if I would let her do this? I said that was cheating, putting it that way... She said we were all in this now and even if we weren't she'd still be out here with me. Gregg said him too. Obviously. Angus said clearly. Clearly we all would be.

Bea said she was all the family her dad had left and she for darn sure wasn't dying out here and that I... gosh, I was the closest thing she had to a sister! She said she didn't want me to be gone so I wasn't dying either. I gave an emotional cough and said that sounded ok by me.

Wow... that's the sweetest thing Bea ever said to me :)

Angus said well, that figure was wounded and it sounded like he went back up to the mine. Bea was like yeah, what do we do? Gregg said to follow him he guess.

I said "No... I have to go alone", which made them all do ellipses, before going anyway... Angus said if the figure was up in the mine we might be able to corner him and... Gregg suggested tying him up and Bea said or something. Angus asked if I could walk and I said I think so but I might be a little slow. He said he'd help if I needed it and I thanked him, calling him big guy.

Bea then said alright, let's go do something really stupid!

We got to the mine entrance. Angus said gate's open. Bea was like oh geez. Gregg said what? She said we could like... block it shut or something. Gregg was like aw dang, she's right. I said no... "He... it... whatever..." was in there and I had to go down there. Bea was like well then. Angus said it looked like all of the guy's friends were gone. Bea said just one guy. Gregg said just one guy. I said just one... something...

Gregg cocked his crossbow and said bang bang. We entered the mine.

I gave the same responses as I did in the last playthrough. Since it was the Bea path I was looking for her responses and stuff. Gregg's responses were lovely but Bea saying I was like a sister to her was just the loveliest thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment