Monday 3 February 2020

105 undertale - saying "howdy!" to asgore

Dear Readers,

After leaving the Last Corridor with sound judgement from Sans, I went ahead to the next area. I saw the sign for Throne Room, but I went beyond, through a path that lead to a different area.

In this area there were coffins. They all had hearts of different colours on them. The only one I could interact with was the red-hearted one, which had my name on it. It was empty too. Looks like it was booked for me...

After this, I went into the Throne Room. I could hear birds chriping. They sounded like blackbirds and robins among others. This area actually had sunlight in it, and it was covered in flowers.

A figure with horns stood with their back facing me, humming to themself. Their voice sounded familiar. "Oh? Is someone there?" they said before saying they have almost finished watering these flowers. When they finished they turned to face me. They looked a lot like Toriel. They greeted me with a big friendly "Howdy!" before stopping dead in their tracks on seeing me. The birds stopped chirping.

They looked off to the side for a moment before saying they really wanted to offer me a cup of tea but I knew how it was.

They walked to the left a bit before saying "Nice day today, huh? Birds are singing, flowers are blooming... Perfect weather for a game of catch."

They then turned to me and said "You know what we must do. When you are ready, come into the next room." and then they walked away into the next room.

In the next room, it looked a lot like the spot I fell down. They said to think of this as like a visit to the dentist. They walked ahead.

Further ahead they asked if I was ready. If I wasn't they understood. They weren't ready either. Then they went through a doorway.

Through this doorway, there was this weird, humongous black and white glowing corridor. They said "This is the barrier. This is what keeps us all trapped underground."

They paused for a moment and said if I had any unfinished business, to please do what I must.

I then had the choice to continue or go back. I chose to continue.

They turned to face me, still as polite and as friendly as ever. These seven containers raised out of the ground. One of them was empty and the battle screen started.

This was quite a dramatic scene. The figure looked imposing, yet still had a soft spoken manner. They said "Human... it was nice to meet you. Goodbye."

They bowed their head, took out a massive red trident, and speared the MERCY box, destroying it completely. ASGORE attacked!

I've heard so much about him, how nice and personable he is, and also his human soul harvesting mission... Epic music started playing and the battle screen got all purple at the bottom with red bubbles bubbling around. There was no getting around this. I could not be pacifistic with Asgore.

No comments:

Post a Comment