Wednesday 2 December 2020

152 ace attorney 6 - disproving the theft

Dear Readers,

I pressed Ema on details of the doctor being a thief, with Phoenix backing up her statements. Still not used to him being over there!

I did find that there was a robbery report filed with the police a year ago and that this had some crucial detail I needed to address right now to make an objection. I couldn't find what it was though and I got really tired, so I continued playing later.

Later refreshed, I noticed this detail was the name Wimperson in Paul Atishon-Wimperson, my first time seeing it. Then I noticed the initials in the e-mail being PAW, so I raised an "Objection!" with this.

The judge wasn't up to speed on e-mail or USB memory sticks, which was quite surprising.

Then I got surprised when I pointed out the initials and Phoenix had a big reaction. Poor Ema had a bit of a land too, but at least she was enlightened now.

My argument was that since the doctor and Paul Atishon-Wimperson were having an exchange about this artifact, the doctor couldn't have simply stolen it and this wasn't actually the Crystal of Ami Fey.

Phoenix objected, which felt really weird, asking me how was I so sure that it was his e-mail and that it wasn't for example a dog lover? I accommodated this by asking Paul Atishon-Wimperson a question from a choice of three:

  • What is your shoe size?
  • Your favourite food?
  • Your birthday?
I took this to mean the 711 as part of the PAW-711 handle in his e-mail address. It wouldn't have anything to do with food and a shoe size wouldn't have three digits but 7/11 could be a birthdate... in the American format of course!

I asked him his birthday and he said it was July 11! Yes!

He didn't cop why I asked and said if it was for birthday gifts he only accepted them valued at a thousand dollars or more. Ugh! This slimeball looked really bad now and poor Phoenix was sweating bullets. I was sweating bullets too and probably for the same reason: We both felt pure disgust.

I explained how this matched the e-mail address and Paul Atishon finally copped it, calling me sneaky. Then he walked away and I had to call him back to explain himself since he was in a court of law. He said he didn't know how it happened, maybe something to do with his secretary. 

Grrr... I wanted to nail him down so he wouldn't get away. I asked Phoenix if he cared to respond. Phoenix said he wouldn't argue my assertion that the politician lent the treasure to the doctor and asked him to study it.

Phoenix then slapped his bench and said it didn't settle the issue of ownership. He argued his client had to hide the fact that he sent the crystal to be studied because his family would've been very upset if they found out about their heirloom like this. I said he had to be kidding me.

Paul Atishon was pleased with this and said Mr. Wright was right. He admitted he lent the artifact to the doctor and didn't even tell his grandfather. I raised an objection...

No comments:

Post a Comment