Monday 14 December 2020

164 ace attorney 6 - armie was pushed

Dear Readers,

Phoenix was ready to give up until the slimy Paul Atishon-Wimperson reminded him of whatever their little chat was. After this, Phoenix resumed his objection.

Phoenix said he didn't believe we had truly proven that the artifact was really the Founder's Orb. I stuck it to him to prove that it wasn't. He hesitated for a moment until he stopped sweating and found something.

He argued that our case was incomplete. He went back to the riddle and put emphasis on the part where the one who solved the riddle would have spiritual power bestowed upon them. I couldn't believe him. He seriously asked me if I felt spiritual power coursing through my veins. I had to admit that I didn't. He then argued that consequently, I couldn't therefore claim that this was the Founder's Orb, trying to regain his posture.

The court was dead silent. The judge said it appeared that Phoenix lost a few of his marbles. I wondered myself what had gotten into him. Phoenix said with a smile that it couldn't be further from the truth, though I could hear the desperation in his voice.

The judge then called for a 20 minute recess and asked for all arguments to be ready. He told Phoenix to wash up and find his missing marbles. Phoenix just sweated in response.

In the lobby, we discussed how Phoenix was acting funny. He was indeed famous for going out on a limb, but that last assertion was just crazy. I said it was a bluff or something else... it just didn't make sense why he was acting like this. Trucy said he seemed perfectly normal when they spoke earlier. Athena said she had a bad feeling about it and went to go check on him.

I heard a voice, calling me Private Justice. It was Armie! She said she forgot to mention that on the night of her father's murder, something strange happened. I asked her why she was telling me this now and she said she thought his death was an accident. Now that she knew otherwise she figured it would be important to tell me.

Armie said when she came to after passing out, she felt someone pushing her wheelchair! She freaked out and rushed for cover back into her room. I asked her if she knew who it was and she said she didn't as it was pitch black. I said maybe it was her father and she insisted it wasn't as she would've known and he would've said something to her. This led to the idea that it could've been her father's real killer. It didn't occur to her to tell the police and I said it was okay, as she was upset at the time. I told her not to beat herself up over it.

Dhurke said this detail could be really important and it could be part of some bigger scheme. I decided to take her statement as evidence.

After this, Athena came back and looked sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment