Wednesday 30 December 2020

180 ace attorney 6 - nahyuta on family and the law

Dear Readers,

Athena and I caught up with Nahyuta in the palace outside the tomb. He was pretty unwilling to hear me out but I was desperate to speak with him.

I showed him my badge and talked about how when we were kids we talked about me becoming a lawyer and him becoming a prosecutor.

He said Queen Ga'ran personally requested him to prosecute this case. I asked him if he really wanted to do this to his own father and he said he didn't deny love and sentiment, but the law was the law. He asked me if I disagreed, to which I said no but... and then he said that civilizations only existed due to the confines of the law. He said the law must be obeyed and the truth sat above all else, including personal feelings. He asked me if I disagreed.

I agreed hesitatingly and I was struggling a bit. Athena encouraged me and I asked him didn't he wish it wasn't that way. He had a dismissive comeback full of pretty words but I knew he was trying to cover something up.

I asked him about Inga, who threatened Dhurke with someone he had in the palm of his hand that he was using as leverage. Nahyuta said that was news to him. I told him how the conversation on the phone went and I had the impression that Dhurke had no choice but to follow Inga's demands after that. I put the question to him, who did he think that person special to Dhurke was? He said he wouldn't know.

Finally, something happened. My bracelet reacted to what he said! I was about to call him out on this but then he did one of his voiced prayer things and this made my bracelet tighten so much it was crushing my wrist! I asked him what was going on and he said he was wise to my tricks. He said my bracelet tightened in reaction to people keeping things from me and he was able to tighten it any time he wanted, rendering it useless?

What?

I thought from Ace Attorney 4 the bracelet was just a bracelet and it was my own body that reacted? The bracelet was just perfectly sized for a way for me to pick up on it?

Anyway, Nahyuta told me to grow up, calling me Mr. Justice and it was childish of me to take on this case that was unwinnable for me. I told him not to be so sure, as I actually beat Phoenix in a case! He was very surprised at this, but I couldn't tell if he was mad or not.

He warned me about meeting my end as a criminal due to the DC act and I said I didn't care. He called me a fool and said he was going to prosecute with all his might before walking away.

I wondered if he really was going to send Dhurke to his death... if he really had changed...

No comments:

Post a Comment