Monday 30 October 2017

1 super mario odyssey - odyss60 frames per second!

Dear Readers,

It's finally here :) Just had to install the day 1 update patch first. Let's a go!

First thing I got was a suggestion to use the detached Joy-Con motion control mode. Maybe later.

I am Mario! A confrontation with Bowser on his ship put me flying and shredded my cap in the propellers. The rumble from these propellers are pretty detailed! It's kind of, rumble in stereo. This is the first convincing case I've felt for HD rumble. Bring on that Senran Kagura romance game! :)

A little floaty tail thing with a big hat and big eyes saw all this happening and flew to where I landed, poking at me to get up. I tested Mario a bit and found that he has an awesome rolling move. I think Sonic might be in trouble...

Also, the framerate is freaking sweet :)

I caught up with my cap friend. I had landed in the Cap Kingdom, his home and a very Halloweeny kind of place. He said Bowser attacked and kidnapped his sister so we teamed up to go after them. He turned into a copy of my own cap and gave me this cool cap boomerang ability! I ran around his destroyed town, turning the lights on and collecting coins and tearing down the Bowser posters. I collected well over 200 coins here before continuing on. He wanted to get to the enemy airship nearby.

I transformed into a frog by throwing my cap friend at it! That sequence was like something out of FLCL :) in this form I can jump really high. I continued to the enemy airship.

Four rabbits were on the ship. They introduced themselves as the Broodals and were working as wedding planners for Bowser! They weren't gonna let me interfere so it was boss time! The one dressed in green hopped down and we had a very short scrap. After a couple of hits I sent him packing. Then some kind of electricity powerline appeared. The line went off to this bright looking land on the distant horizon. I threw my cap friend at it and we got absorbed into the line before we zipped into the distance. The "Super Mario Odyssey" title flashed up. The game began!

We crash landed at the Cascade Kingdom where the powerlines ended. Orchestral music welled up and it was time to check this new place out! I found lots of purple coins in bunches of three hiding just out of view. I dealt with a few enemies and captured a Chain Chomp!

Our First Power Moon

I used the Chain Chomp to catapult myself into the surrounding rocks, breaking a way to the first power moon.

The way opened further. We came across a big rusty looking bucket. Capturing the globe powered it up a tiny bit but we still only had one moon. More to collect!

Chomp Through The Rocks

Exploring further I met some Chain Chomps and a huge sleeping dinosaur. I used the dinosaur to break some rocks, one of which was in the cliff and revealed a power moon!

I backtracked with the dinosaur and found a cave behind the waterfall, with an empty picture frame too. I'll come back to this later. Broke some more rocks and found a pixel Cat Mario on the wall :)

Found more pixel art while exploring around further. After this I found the first 2D wall platforming section by smashing a big Chain Chomp into the wall beyond the bridge.

Behind The Waterfall

During the 2D part, there was a path that led to the left around the corner, to another power moon.

Multi Moon Atop The Falls

When I reached the top I came across another rabbit. She had 3 power moons on her necklace and had a golden Chain Chomp with a hat on a leash. Boss time! I captured the Chain Chomp in the usual way, except with an extra turn to knock off its hat. I then flung it at its owner a few times, knocking her out with a big red Chain Chomp shaped mark on her face, leaving the multi moon after her.

We went back to the rust bucket and restored it with the power moons to become the Odyssey! With this we can go places! :)

Next time though, as my battery was running low.

That was a nice, breezy beginning to the game. Cap Kingdom and Cascade falls were small enough but I realise they're just the tutorial areas. I've yet to see the game open up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment