Saturday 14 October 2017

15 zelda breath of the wild - seek out impa... complete!

Dear Readers,

Now that I was in Kakariko, I decided to mingle around! First though I climbed up the wall of the pass and plucked arrows out of the village entrance and collected my 4th Korok seed, which was on a ledge under a rock.

Nix, a mustached man, was worried about the elder.

Steen was practising some kind of combat. I guess this is part of his nighttime routine. He told me I looked like the swordsman from long ago who tried to stop the Calamity. I told him I was him and he laughed it off. He said the hero used Swift Carrots as part of his training and gave me one. He offered to teach me some attack techniques as well, which was nice of him! Nice little crash course. I knew most of the stuff apart from sneakstrikes. I'll have to practise that. He said I can take some kind of training at the village shrine.

The Shuteye Inn (nice name :) ) was run by a snoozing man named Ollie.

Pikango was sleeping on the floor of the inn in a cross-legged position. He was mumbling about the Great Fairy Fountain in his sleep.

Cado and Dorian were guarding the way to Impa's place. They saw I had the Sheikah Slate and stood aside. Cado told me about the Yiga Clan. Very interesting, twisted and sad history.

Next to them were five frog statues, each with an apple except for the middle one. I dropped it an apple and got my 5th Korok Seed :)

Night turned into day.

I went up the steps and startled a girl named Paya. Aw :) she noticed my Sheikah Slate and was anxious for me to see her grandmother. I spoke to her again and she covered her face. Wow she's very shy...

I went inside and Impa greeted me. She had weird pendulum blades hanging from her hat. She knew everything about what happened first hand and had a message for me from Princess Zelda, but was hesitant to tell me what it was right now since I had lost my memories. She gave me the option anyway and I said I was ready to hear.

I got a big history lesson! All about the technological creation of the Divine Beasts and the Guardians and Hyrule's history with Ganon, along with his revival 100 years ago. The message the princess had was "Free the four Divine Beasts".

On pressing her for details about the Divine Beasts, Impa told me who they were:

Vah Rudania, controlled by Daruk of the Gorons
Vah Medoh, controlled by Revali of the Rito
Vah Ruta, controlled by Mipha of the Zora
Vah Naboris, controlled by Urbosa of the Gerudo

"Free the Divine Beasts" came up as a new objective and I got markings on my map as to where the races were located. The Divine Beasts were currently controlled by Ganon and this objective was about freeing them to help fight Ganon.

"Locked Mementos" came up as another new objective and was about finding the research lab in Hateno Village.

"Seek Out Impa" was now complete :) With all the new markings on my Sheikah Slate, it was now becoming like the dragon radar in Dragon Ball :)

In any case, I'm glad that objective is finally complete. The king gave me that objective a long time ago.

It was night now and Paya came in to go to up to her room. She got all flustered when I spoke to her again. When she came downstairs to do chores I asked her about the glowing orb thing. I got more information about the Great Fairy Cotera as well. She lives near the shrine so I'll visit her later. Paya also told me about her birthmark, but not too much about it!

In their house was a "Journal of Various Worries". I had a read and there were various bits of information and tips written as worries. That's pretty clever :)

I read a bit of Paya's diary as well when she wasn't in the room. She wrote about me, the swordsman that was put to sleep and hoped that I would show up soon.

I left and it was daytime again. I crawled under their house and picked a good few Stamella Shrooms.

Pikango was now awake and was painting away. He was wondering about the Great Fairy Fountain but nobody would tell him where it was.

Koko, a little girl by the cooking pot was talking about veggie cream soup. She said the ingredients were a Swift Carrot, Rock Salt and Fresh Milk. She was out of carrots and I said I would give her mine. "Koko's Kitchen" was the name of the subquest. It ended in the same conversation string :) She gave me some Hasty Veggie Cream Soup as a reward. Yay :) Then she wanted to cook Hot buttered apple, which uses Apples and Goat Butter. She forgot the Goat Butter and was all sad again. The subquest came back too. I'll come back to her later when I get some. It's nice that the recipes stick around in the subquest menu :)

Lasli was trying to bring people into the Enchanted clothes shop. She said I was her type. Heehee :) Nice flattery technique!

Cado was worried because his Cuccos hadn't come back home and they were all he had since his wife didn't want anything to do with him anymore :( "Flown The Coop" came up and I had to find 10 of them. Poor guy... Actually I only had to find 7. I found the first by the goddess statue.

It became dark and rainy.

The second Cucco was in Mellie's Plum Garden, which had a big sign forbidding trespassing in front of it. I disobeyed and got the Cucco.

Olkin joked about me being part of the Yiga Clan but he knew I wasn't. He gave me a Fortified Pumpkin to show no hard feelings. He also talked about the secret art of defence that involved the trial at the shrine.

After I delivered the second Cucco my battery was low again at 14%, so I stopped playing and put the Switch back on the charger for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment