Friday 13 October 2017

14 zelda breath of the wild - magda's flower maze

Dear Readers,

I left the Riverside Stable and soon came across a bridge. On the bridge a Bokoblin was attacking a woman!

I defeated him and she recovered. Her name was Leekah. She said she just wanted to go for a walk along the riverside but she was attacked. She set off for the stable. Then an Octarok in the river started shooting at us so I decided to walk her back to the stable. I didn't need to though! Also, I met Beedle along the way, carrying his stock around. It'll be handy meeting him during my travels :)

That night I experienced the Blood Moon cutscene. That was pretty unsettling! The monsters I defeated came back to life. Nice world building though.

I crossed the bridge from earlier and soon saw another shrine! It was across the river though. I tried swimming over, but I was worried I didn't have enough stamina. I tried climbing the tree to get some height to glide over but it was raining. I tried gliding from the Eagus Bridge nearby which was pretty high up, but the current of the river started sweeping me away when I landed. What I did in the end was cross the Eagus Bridge and started gliding onto the island where the shrine was.

Suddenly a woman named Magda came out of nowhere and started yelling at me. I had landed on some flowers. A shrine quest called "Watch Out for the Flowers" then popped up. She asked me to be careful and to admire the flowers, which were arranged in a maze like way around the shrine. I navigated around to the entrance of the Hila Rao shrine. I wonder if she knows her precious flower bed island has a Chuchu problem? I had to get rid of a few.

The Hila Rao shrine trial was called "Drifting". There were flowing bodies of water and I had to cross them using the drifting platforms. Soon there was a part where I had to use Cryonis to raise an explosive barrel to a cracked wall and shoot at it with an arrow and that was that. Hila Rao gave me a Soul Orb and I left.

It was rainy and windy outside. Magda was still here though so I had to be careful. She's nuts to be out here in this weather! I doubt that tree next to her gave any kind of decent shelter. I used Cryonis to escape the island. I should've remembered that earlier when I was trying to get here! Ah well!

I encountered a couple of Bokoblins on horseback. They spotted me and attacked. One swipe from them did a lot of damage! I quickly defeated both of them though. I knocked some apples down from a tree and swatted away an Octorok that was annoying me as well.

I took one of their horses and tamed it. My first horse :) I had to turn and go across the Eagus Bridge to the other side so I could find more terrain to cross towards Kakariko.

I met a man named Cambo, who was doting on his donkey. He was selling food from Kakariko but I didn't buy any. I must've been close :)

Indeed I was! Through a pass and it was in to Kakariko village! I dismounted and went into Rola's archery store. She was happy to see someone so young was interested in archery. What I want to know though is how to make my own arrows? I'm not sure how at all...

Across the way was Steen and Trissa's grocery store. They sell Swift Carrots, which are available only in Kakariko. Might be handy to keep in mind.

I decided to call it a session until next time. My battery wasn't in emergency but it was at 19%. Back to the charger with the Switch!

No comments:

Post a Comment