Monday 16 October 2017

17 zelda breath of the wild - hestu's maracas and the road to hateno

Dear Readers,

I hung around in Kakariko for a bit longer before setting off for Hateno.

I played with Cattla again and we played tag. She gave me Rock Salt when I caught her. I then played hide and seek again and finally found her in time! She was by the grocery store and gave me Amber when I found her.

I met Rik again. I think I got his name wrong last time I met him. Ah well... Nothing to worry about. He seems to be a big worrier himself.

I picked Rushroom from the pass wall. I tried to catch a bug by following its sound but I couldn't see it.

I went out looking for goats. Instead I met skeleton Lizalfos and they were seriously dangerous! I should be more careful since it's nighttime. I then got killed by an Electric Keese! They deal a lot of damage as well... Yeesh...

I killed one goat and it dropped meat but no butter. I then chased another goat but it disappeared into thin air! I'll look for goat butter later. I know I can buy some from the shop, but still...

I headed for the Hateno Lab. Along the way I completed a square and got my 6th Korok Seed.

Along the way I met Brokka, a lady who's passionate about selling gems for money. Also Bagut, who was selling stamina restoring foodstuffs.

I then met Hestu the Korok, who was surprised I was able to see him. He asked me to recover his maracas from some monsters nearby. "The Priceless Maracas" came up as a subquest. I went straight away to take on the three stronger Bokoblins. I sent two of them off the cliff and the last one I fought until the death. I had to replenish my health several times. Still not great at battling in this game! Anyway I got Hestu's Maracas and brought them back.

Hestu can expand inventory space in exchange for Korok Seeds! I'm not sure what to expand right now though, so I didn't give him any. He sounded sad but I'll come back later! In the meantime I continued down that path as there was a massive gorge I had to walk around.

I did some mining for the first time with my sledgehammers :)

I then met a traveller, who turned out to be a member of the Yiga Clan! He moved around really fast and was able to do loads of damage with one swipe! I lost a couple of fairies to him but sussed his pattern somewhat and eventually defeated him. He dropped Bananas and a Vicious Sickle. I'll have to be careful about these guys...

I crossed a really worn but sturdy stone bridge and found a sign that pointed in the direction to Hateno Village.

I followed the path and came across many ruins and remains of Guardians. Then I came across a big wall and gate. It was Fort Hateno. There was a lady there named Celessa. She was affected by the history of this place and how it went through a huge battle. A man named Garill talked about it in detail and how the fort was here to protect the village from the Guardians. Another man named Teli was interested in treasure and talked about a guy in Akkala to the north who deals in Guardian parts. Might be handy for later.

My Switch became low in battery again so it's back to the charger again. I also played with the Joy-Con grip in tabletop mode and it's brilliant this way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment