Thursday 9 November 2017

10 super mario odyssey - new donk, new donk! it's a heckuva town!

Dear Readers,

Now that the weather's better and it's a new day, it's time to explore New Donk City properly and get ready for the big main festival! :D

Secret Girder Tunnel!

Not sure how I missed this before. Maybe it was raining too heavily and it was too dark to notice. It's inside the tunnel of the girder I used to get to the city last time.

Jump-Rope Hero

This city is awesome! People just having a nice walk, taxis you can bounce on without getting in trouble and this jump rope mini-game. They just want to hang out and have a nice time here! I got 63 jumps in. I checked against friend rankings and I came third and against world rankings I came 152,879th. Well then. I might challenge this again later on.

Drummer On Board!

I went to see Mayor Pauline who thanked me for my help last night. She wanted to put on a festival and was looking for four musicians to participate. The drummer was nearby and he gave me a power moon! So did the other band members when I found them!

Guitarist On Board!

It's nice how the locations of the musicians were on the map! The guitarist was in the park near the jump ropers.

Trumpeter On Board!

I found the trumpeter on a building across the street from the venue. Maybe he wanted to practise in peace? Anyway, he added the Super Mario Bros. 1-1 tune to the song the band were playing, which was lovely :)

Bassist On Board!

I found the bassist in the Mayor Pauline Commemorative Park on a distant rooftop I could only reach by powerline. Some cool people hanging out here like a guy who likes birds and this big wrecked machine. Was this part of the machine I smashed up last night?

Mayor Pauline was really happy to see the band all together for the festival. She said I should consider running for public office :) The next problem was to get the underground power plant up and running.

Sewer Treasure

I found the way to the power plant from a helpful passer-by and going right after I left the festival venue. I captured the huge manhole cover to move it and get in. I went through all the various platforming obstacles like the green rotating ones I had to push with Cappy. There was a rotating one towards the end that had a pipe on the other side. However, I was able to use it to climb even higher to another platform where I found this power moon.

Powering Up The Station

I was very surprised to see Mayor Pauline in the next section! She wanted to see what was going on first hand, which were two huge Piranha Plants in the way. She wanted to teach them a New Donk lesson :) I took care of them and got a power moon for it. I then stomped on the switch and got the power plant's own power moons flowing again. Mayor Pauline was grateful when we got back to the venue. She asked if I wanted to be part of the festival and I was like heck yeah :)

A Traditional Festival!

The festival was now in full swing! All bright lights, 2D sections along with a tribute to the original Donkey Kong arcade and the main musical number for the game sung by Mayor Pauline :) It's freaking beautiful :) When I reached Mayor Pauline, she dedicated the festival to me and gave me a multi moon! I stuck around for a few loops of the song. I loved this :) I could even jump on her head to interrupt her singing XD

After collecting the multi moon it was back to the Odyssey and another new day. Festival was over, no one else was nearby apart from the Hint Toad and no music... Talk about post festival blues... I'm glad Cappy said we didn't have enough moons to leave yet because I didn't want to. As I type this paragraph, Mario is sleeping. No doubt relaxing after the night before. :) After a big fun event like a festival, you can feel bluesy or you can feel good and chilled out. You can then catch up with friends maybe and grab a power moon or two while you hang out :)

I went back to the city and life went on. People went about their usual business, jumping rope etc. Couldn't find Mayor Pauline anywhere. I appreciated the usual friendly greetings and waves the people had for me but this contrast was a bit too much like real life...

Unlike real life though, I could go back to the festival venue and relive the big night anytime I wanted! Hooray! :) Mayor Pauline was only too happy to sing again too! She called it a trip down memory girder :) She has awesome lingo! They brought her back in an excellent way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment