Thursday 2 November 2017

3 super mario odyssey - capturing goomba towers in the sand kingdom

Dear Readers,

Now to explore the Sand Kingdom at night!

Desert Gardening: Plaza Seed
Desert Gardening: Ruins Seed

The two seeds I planted bloomed into power moons! There is a third I haven't found yet.

Among The Five Cactuses

It turns out the desert is pretty dangerous at night with Stalchild-like enemies bursting out of the ground to run after me! I took a Jaxi, a running lion thing that runs across the dunes at high speed. I was pretty clumsy at first and ran right off of a cliff! But soon I got the hang of it and plowed through 5 cacti at the eastern edge of the map, the middle and largest of which yielded a power moon.

I took the Jaxi down into the hole that got exposed when the inverted temple rose last time and landed in an underground temple.

Goomba Tower Assembly

I got to capture a Goomba! I can dash and jump and not slip on the ice which is pretty cool :) The Goomba totem tower thing is awesome too. I gathered so many Goombas to make a tall enough stack to reach this power moon!

Underground Treasure Chest

I eventually had to abandon my glorious Goomba tower and capture a Bullet Bill. Had to hit him twice because he had a cap on. Instead of following the path, I veered off to the right, which led to a climb that overlooked the next obstacle section. This felt pretty cool :) It also led to a treasure chest with a power moon inside!

I looked across to the big wall on the other side and wondered if there was any way to get there... There didn't seem to be, so I continued on.

There were six torches on the platform I landed. I used Cappy to blow them out and a chime played, but nothing happened! I didn't see any power moon pop out anywhere! What's going on?! I searched around with the camera but couldn't find a thing.

There were another six torches through the big door and another chime played when I put them out, but again nothing happened! Argh!

The Hole In The Desert

In this chamber, a path lead to an arena, where this huge disembodied stone head with fists attacked because he thought I stole his ring. Boss battle time! I had to lure his hands to pound the icy spots on the ground and capture his fists while they were stunned. Then I flew them like Bullet Bills into his face a few times for the win :) Got a multi-moon!

We got back outside where it was daytime again and the heat returned too. No more ice!

We powered up the Odyssey and flew onward. There was the choice between the Lake Kingdom and the Wooded Kingdom. I decided on the Wooded Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment