Thursday 16 November 2017

16 super mario odyssey - the last of the samurai castle

Dear Readers,

With the Broodals out of the way (for good?), it's time to follow the road to Bowser and this remixed Mario 3 Bowser music!

Found Behind Bars!

Instead of going through the big gate, I went along the roof to the right and eventually found a powerpoint that lead to inside a cage above the entrance with a power moon inside.

Sunken Treasure In The Moat

A little square pool to the left leads to this power moon.

Hidden Corridor Under The Floor

This one was around the corner from the next part where I had to use the birbs to ascend. Bit tricky having to break the boxes with my beak without falling down to my doom.

Inside A Block In The Castle

Further ahead, I used one of those big rock crushing guys to break a block that was glowing and this power moon was inside.

Good To See You, Captain Toad!

From the last power moon, follow this rooftop round the corner to find Captain Toad who gives you another power moon.

Controlling the bird Pokio feels really unintuitive for some reason. I'm not sure what it is but I keep falling off the wall. Just something to get used to I guess.

Poking Your Nose By The Great Gate

Before grabbing the next powerpoint, or I should say Spark pylon, I walked around the back and found a hole behind some crates to poke and make this power moon come out.

I made it to the tip top roof where Bowser stood with Peach and Tiara. It looked all dramatic set against the full moon. He jumped on his ship and flew away. I tried to go after him but he punched me away with his boxing glove hat. Then the Broodals came back again! All together in a big new machine this time.

Showdown at Bowser's Castle

This big Broodal machine looked a bit like an AT-AT from Star Wars and chased me around, shooting bombs and Pokios. I had to capture Pokios, poke the bombs back at it to blow out the legs, climb the machine and attack the Broodals when the machine fell on its side. All the while very dramatic music played. I like the feverish plucking that happens when the machine falls over. That sense of urgency is fun :) and I also feel a bit like a guitar pick when I'm climbing as the Pokio bird.

Bombs started bouncing higher and these dangerous electric hoops were shot out too. After attacking all the Broodals, the machine exploded and their faces became firework displays in the sky before the multi moon dropped.

Now to chase Bowser to the moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment