Friday 24 November 2017

24 super mario odyssey - learning the diving boost jump thing

Dear Readers,

Still hanging around at the Cascade Kingdom. The music here is glorious and all, but when you're looking for moons it can get a teensy bit samey. It was great for the trailer but we've got the game now!


Caught Hopping At The Waterfall

Caught a rabbit that was hopping around near the beginning.

Cascade Kingdom Master Cup

I taught myself and practised that move where you throw Cappy and then dive onto him to get a booster jump. It's a pretty good move and a complicated one to pull off! B to jump, Y to throw Cappy, ZL to ready a ground pound, Y to dive onto Cappy and bounce. I used this during the race with the Koopas and got up that cliff by where I got the Odyssey and this really helped me with winning the race. My time was 00:38.03, putting me at 113,653 in the world rankings and still last in the friend rankings. They've been good at this a while :)

Bottom Of The Waterfall Basin

I spotted a shiny spot in the water under the bridge and stomped it.

Flying Far Away From Gusty Bridges

I went down a chimney warp pipe near where I found the Odyssey to go into a special area with lots of wind hazards. One path veered to the left and I threw Cappy into the wind to pull the levers to unlock bridges.

Across The Gusty Bridges

Continuing this area to the end lead to this reward.

Under The Old Electrical Pole

I captured the dinosaur and stomped all the way back to the Odyssey to knock the electrical pole down, which revealed a shiny spot.

Atop A Wall Among The Clouds

Another chimney warp pipe near the stone bridge lead to this area with lots of cap clouds to activate. One part branches off to this area.

At this point I had collected 250 Power Moons and Cappy told me I was now able to go to the dark side of the moon. Might head there next time.

Across The Mysterious Clouds

Okay, I had a lot of trouble trying to make that last jump at the end of this section... I had to do the Cappy dive boost thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment