Saturday 11 November 2017

11 super mario odyssey - gushing across the bubbly seaside kingdom

Dear Readers,

After reliving the festival yet again, I hunted down a few more moons in New Donk City before heading to the Seaside Kingdom.

I tried going for 100 in the jump-rope, but didn't manage it. I did get a better score of 83 jumps, putting me at 113,703 in world rankings and no change from third in friend rankings.

City Gardening: Building Planter

One of the first buildings had a plant pot where I planted a seed from the jump-rope park earlier. It sprouted a power moon.

Who Piled Garbage On This?

I climbed more on buildings near the last power moon and came across a glowing pile of rubbish on top of an air vent. Not cool! I cleared them out with Cappy and stomped the ground for a power moon.

Jump-Rope Genius

I tried the jump-rope again and got the power moon at last! I also kept going until I got a score of 153 jumps, putting me at first in friend rankings and 27,081 in world rankings. Yay! :)

I was now able to travel further! I chose the Seaside Kingdom. A lot of snail people live here and were having trouble with a big octopus thing guzzling Sparkle Water with a giant straw.

The Stone Pillar Seal

I captured a Gushen, a weird and cool little squid thing that allowed me to be out of the sea in a big sphere of water. I could then spit water to propel myself in the air and all over the place! It's a pretty cool capture :) I got up onto the pillar and collected the power moon that was on top.

I stomped on the button here and a huge cork shot right out at the big octopus. He lost his straw, got angry with a big lava head and started spitting spiky balls all around the area.

The music here reminds me a lot of Majora's Mask when you're in an area that doesn't have its dungeon boss defeated yet. Kind of ominous and troubling.

The Hot Spring Seal

I headed over to this area in the east, which had a lava filled pool on top. I cleared the lava with the Gushen, revealing the water and power moon underneath. There was another switch to stomp here.

Looking Back In The Dark Waterway

I headed to the lighthouse in the west next. The snails told me I had to dive into this really deep pool to reach it, so I captured a Cheep Cheep and swam through the tunnel. There was a little opening in the wall along the way which had this power moon inside.

The Lighthouse Seal

I swam further through the tunnel, avoiding big horrifying eels that liked the taste of Cheep Cheeps with caps and mustaches! At the end was a pipe that took me to the top of the lighthouse where this power moon was and there was another switch to stomp.

The Seal Above The Canyon

I went through Rolling Canyon near the beginning. It had all these big spiky shells rolling down the slope. The audio here was pretty awesome and menacing! It sounded like some kind of impending doom from every passing shell. The rumble adjusted in intensity as they got closer too. It was pretty cool! At the top of the path was a power moon and the last switch to stomp.

That was four switches and four corks shot at the octopus. After the fourth he got angry and dropped in the sea to have a boss fight with me! It was pretty cool!

The Glass Is Half Full

I chased after the octopus by capturing a Gushen to go after him. When I caught up I sprayed water up and over him and sprayed water straight down on top of his head. I did this enough times to defeat him by making his head swell up big enough to explode! I landed inside the big goblet with the multi moon that he dropped.

Cappy and I enjoyed the return of the Sparkle Water and the lovely sunset in the background, but we needed a couple of more moons before moving on as Bowser wasn't here anymore.

Beach Volleyball: Champ

I went over to the beach house, where the snails were playing volleyball. It wasn't difficult at all and I got the 15 hits needed to earn a power moon. I was third in my friend rankings and 220,887th in the world rankings.

Beach Volleyball: Hero Of The Beach!

I tried for the 100 challenge but only got 64! Shoot! The ball got so fast I had to use Cappy to hit it back. I got up to 50,773rd in the world rankings and first in my friend rankings at least. I tried again and again. It takes ages to build up a score! I eventually got 111 though and won another power moon. I also reached 24,883rd in the world rankings.

Onward to the next kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment