Saturday 4 November 2017

5 super mario odyssey - kicking broodal butt in the wooded kingdom

Dear Readers,

If I try playing this game with detached Joy-Con controllers, will the opening loading screen stop suggesting it to me? Anyway, Halloween's over so let's go to the Wooded Kingdom.

Cappy talked about a Soirée Bouquet in the travel guide.

This place is pretty gorgeous! So many trees, singing birds... I kinda wish I was able to climb the trees for a moment and be like Link in Breath Of The Wild!

Caught Hopping In The Forest

A rabbit started teasing me and running away. I caught it for a power moon.

The robots that live here were all in a panic about Bowser. The Sphynx gave me a riddle and asked what Bowser was looking for here. I answered "flowers" correctly and it let me pass.

The next section opened out into a wide open area with tall cliffs almost all around with many places to climb. The Broodals were flying around menacingly on a distant tower, which made the local robots nervous.

I cleaned up some poisonous goop which was like what I did in Mario Sunshine and then went for a swim in the water. I went through a pipe down there.

Flooding Pipeway Ceiling Secret

Someways through this tunnel was a hidden gap in the ceiling I could wall jump to get up to a hidden power moon.

Flooding Pipeway

Continuing to the end of the basic path of this tunnel was this power moon.

After this I started climbing the Iron Road. This place has really cool music by the way :) It's kind of like rockabilly beach music but it's set in the forest.

I like how Piranha Plants are dealt with in this game. You stun them by throwing Cappy into their mouths before stomping them yourself. Nice new idea :)

Fire In The Cave

Before climbing the ironwork, I went behind and found a scarecrow. This opened a room with a Fire Bro inside. Defeating him gave me a power moon. Too bad the Hammer Bros theme didn't play here :P

I captured an Uproot! As this enemy I can stretch my long legs and go really tall to reach higher platforms. Pretty fun and handy for climbing this cliff face! I had to be careful not to walk into other enemies while stretched which is too easy to end up doing.

The Nut In The Red Maze

I went into this platformy maze as the Uproot and found a power moon hidden inside a nut growing on the wall.

The Nut At The Dead End

After the maze were a bunch of Piranha Plants. There was a little path just off the platform, which I followed all the way to another nut with a power moon inside.

Road To Sky Garden

The biggest of these Piranha Plants had this power moon. I also managed to capture one of the smaller ones! That was kinda cool but all it could do was spit goo.

Cracked Nut On A Crumbling Tower

The unlocked P Switch activated the beautiful flowery path that flows through the sky! This game is officially better than Okami in every way! Anyway, along the way were crumbling platforms that lead to an isolated tower. On top of this tower was another nut with a power moon inside.

Nut Planted In The Tower

The flowery path lead to inside the Sky Garden Tower where I had to climb up. There was a groove inside the internal tower which had a nut with another power moon. Capturing an Uproot was very handy here.

Stretching Your Legs

The Uproot had to be captured in order to reach the power moon floating above the top of the internal tower.

Flower Thieves Of Sky Garden

I went outside to the top of the Sky Garden Tower where the Broodals were flying around. They already snagged the Soirée Bouquet. The tough-looking one in blue with Bowser-like red hair and spiky bracelet jumped down for a boss battle. His attack pattern was all about spitting the poisonous goop all around. It was easy enough to knock off his hat before stomping him a few times. After defeating him we recovered the multi moon :)

Something else opened up in the Wooded Kingdom after this. I'll explore next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment