Wednesday 29 November 2017

29 super mario odyssey - how do i stop this game from telling me to play with detached joy-cons

Dear Readers,

Why does the game always boot up by showing a screen suggesting I play with detached Joy-Cons and hang there for several seconds? I don't want to.

Anyway, more Sand Kingdom exploring. This time, the ruins for more Power Moons!

Colossal Ruins: Dash! Jump!

On entering the ruins, there was a chimney to the left and I went inside. There was a fast fire flower challenge thing where I had to run along a wall and beyond before it collapsed. The basic path lead to a reward at the end.

Sinking Colossal Ruins: Hurry!

I went back inside the chimney pipe to reset the wall because I had to collect a key for another Power Moon. I failed a few times but I was able to gather lots of coins from the last Power Moon so I came out better off after each failed attempt!

Love In The Heart Of The Desert

I captured some Goombas at the ruins and brought them to the sand pillar where the girl Goomba was. This made her pretty happy. :)

Bullet Bill Breakthrough

I spotted a caged Power Moon from the Sand Pillar. I had to go down to that level, capture a Bullet Bill and fly it through the hole in the fence to break the cage.

The Treasure Of Jaxi Ruins

In the quicksand there was this part that was like an antlion hole. I wondered if it was like the hole underneath the inverted pyramid so I jumped down there. Sure enough this lead to an underground icy cavern! I followed the path all the way to the end where there was a warp pipe. This pipe came out at the top of the Jaxi Ruins in the middle of the purple goop. So that's how I get up there! :)

Ice Cave Treasure

I went back into the icy cavern and wall jumped up the pillars. Wasn't easy since they were going up and down halfway.

Alcove In The Ruins

Hopping around in the quicksand there's a little hidden cave just at the bottom of the slope.

Into The Flowing Sands

At the top of the aforementioned slope was another Power Moon.

Taking Notes: In The Wall Painting

There was a note event in the 2D section of the round tower.

Secret Of The Mural

Near the top of the 2D section, instead of going straight up I found a secret bit in the left wall.

On The Lone Pillar

Glydon was on top of the tower! I captured it to glide to the tall lone pillar it was facing.

Peach In The Sand Kingdom

I met Princess Peach at the top of the inverted pyramid. She was dressed in smart summery clothes and a big floppy hat, suitable for intense sunlight.

Sand Kingdom Timer Challenge 1

On top of the building in the northwest was a scarecrow. I had to roll under some platforms, do some wall jumping and grab the prize.

The Lurker Under The Stone

At the very top of the inverted pyramid there was a bump that was moving around really quickly. I couldn't catch it, so I tried a Jaxi and had no luck whatsoever. I had to hit it with Cappy and make it dizzy before stomping on it.

On The Statue's Tail

One of the statues on the inverted pyramid had a shiny tail.

Poster Cleanup

A Tostarenan was pretty upset over Bowser's wedding posters being plastered over the building in the northwest, so I cleared them off with Cappy. He gave me a nice reward :)

There's so much to do here! I'll have to pick it up again next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment